The OpenAirport Cinema at Dusseldorf Airport was an exceptional cinema event in a breathtaking setting for a great number of visitors. On five weekends in July 2016 the rooftop terrace of a boarding gate turned into a unique open-air cinema. The audience received wireless headphones and seated itself either in the economy or business class. Focus of interest were not only the latest blockbusters and cult movie classic, but also the hustle and bustle on the apron or the taking off and landing aircrafts.
Responsible for the excellent projection technology was the BIG cinema crew. The Christie CP4230 ensured razor-sharp and brilliant images. On top we provided our 3D system with our 3D glasses since the audience voted for "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" in 3D.
The following films were shown during the OpenAirport cinema at Dusseldorf Airport:
- 02.07.2016: Fack Ju Göhte II
- 03.07.2016: Money Monster
- 09.07.2016: The Martian
- 10.07.2016: James Bond 007: Spectre
- 16.07.2016: Der geilste Tag
- 17.07.2016: Colonia Dignidad
- 23.07.2016: Star Wars: The Force Awakens (3D)
- 24.07.2016: Monsieur Chocolat
- 30.07.2016: Criminal Activities
- 31.07.2016: Eddie the Eagle
Credits: Flughafen Düsseldorf GmbH